Climate Risk Scoring
Request a Demo
- Understand the potential effects of natural disasters on properties
- Match data across other Black Knight data sets for deeper insights
- View scores based on continuously updated climate data
As climate-related natural disasters progress in frequency, scale and intensity, mortgage industry professionals need to mitigate their risk and financial exposure. The Climate Risk Scoring solution from Black Knight can help you easily understand property-level climate risk over the course of a mortgage’s lifespan.
About Climate Risk Scoring
Black Knight Climate Risk Scoring distills over 50 different climate simulations from government and academic sources into an easy-to-understand risk assessment. You can leverage the information to help develop climate-related risk management strategies.
Covering 99.9% of properties in the United States, the solution assigns a property-level risk score between 1 – 100 for each of the following natural hazards:
Flexible Search Options to Meet Your Needs
The Black Knight Climate Risk Scoring solution provides flexible search options, which is crucial since risk can extend to surrounding areas and infrastructure. Search by:
- Parcel or polygon
- Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN)
- Latitude and longitude
- ZIP code
- Census tract
How to Use Black Knight Climate Risk Scoring
- Develop lending strategies to address the potential influence of climate risk on housing supply, affordability and valuations in local markets
- Use the climate risk data at the property level to re-evaluate the accuracy of outdated flood risk maps
- Develop different types of building requirements for lending based on an area’s potential for climate risk
- Align climate scoring data and lending processes in advance of regulatory changes to help create climate risk disclosures
Portfolio Risk Managers
- Mitigate risk by improving the balance between higher- and lower-risk loans within a portfolio
- Use the risk data in your models to help project loan losses and create a framework for climate risk management
- Link climate-related risk data with other Black Knight data sets for deeper insights
- Identify high-risk properties and the potential impacts of natural disasters related to climate change
- Meet anticipated regulatory changes by using the data to help develop climate risk disclosures as part of the loan transfer processes.
- Leverage the data to help develop property-level estimates of future climate-hazard risk
- Refine the risk-based prices investors are willing to pay for credit risk transfer securities and reinsurance contracts
Gain Deeper Insights
Intuitive report to help you understand the potential effects of natural disaster properties.
Risk projected over the entire term of a mortgage.
Scores are continuously updated with the latest climate data.
Standardized for You
Data is validated and standardized for your ease of use.
Request a Demo
Find out how our Climate Risk Scoring solution can help inform your risk management strategies.
Request a Demo
Solutions Related to Climate Risk Scoring
Industry professionals across the U.S. leverage our comprehensive data and analytics solutions to help inform their critical business decisions. Learn more about our offerings and how they can help transform your business.
Goals Related to Climate Risk Scoring
Find out how we can help you reduce risk, support compliance requirements, improve retention and create opportunities for growth. Select a goal below to learn more.
News & Insights on climate risk
Related Products & Services
Our best-in-class data covers 99.99% of the U.S. population and offers unmatched depth, breadth and quality to help support your information needs. Learn more about our products and services that can help take your business to the next level.
- Software & Technology (0)
- Data (0)
- Analytics, BI & Modeling (0)
Boundary data that allows for detailed spatial analysis of geographic areas by parcels, counties, neighborhoods and school districts.
Provides the critical information and alerts you need to help mitigate risk and reduce losses.
Receive the flexibility to customize a wide range of property data to meet your business needs.
Help pinpoint the specific properties that may have been impacted when a natural disaster strikes.
Property-specific hazard and risk data providing critical information to help mitigate risk and reduce loss.
Comprehensive, nationwide public records data from over 3,100 county recorder offices across the U.S.
One of the most accurate and up-to-date U.S. residential property databases in the industry.
Private and public school data from across the U.S., associated with >155M property parcels