At Black Knight, Inc., we respect and believe it is important to protect the privacy of consumers and our customers. This Privacy Notice explains how Black Knight and its affiliates may collect, use, and protect any information that we collect from you online or offline for our own purposes, when and to whom we disclose such information, and the choices you have about the use of that information. A summary of the Privacy Notice is below, and we encourage you to review the entirety of the Privacy Notice following this summary.
Please note that when we receive or process information on behalf of one of our clients, the processing of that information is governed by our client’s privacy notice. This Notice applies to all Black Knight affiliates.
|Personal Information Collected as a Third Party Service Provider. When we collect Personal Information as a third party service provider, we do so solely to provide services to lending institutions, mortgage brokers, mortgage loan servicers or other third parties. The privacy notices of those lending institutions, mortgage brokers mortgage loan servicers or other third parties shall apply and you should refer to those privacy notices and/or contact them to understand how your Personal Information will be used. Some Black Knight companies provide services to lending institutions, mortgage brokers and mortgage loan servicers and, in some cases, their websites collect information. Those parties are responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through those websites.||Types of Information Collected. You may provide us with certain Personal Information about you, like your contact information, account information, demographic information, social security number (SSN), driver’s license, passport, other government ID numbers, and/or financial information. We may also receive Browsing Information from your Internet browser, computer, and/or mobile device. This Browsing Information may include information about the usage of your mobile device, device ID data, or the location of your mobile device.|
|How Information is Collected. We may collect Personal Information from you via applications, forms, and correspondence we receive from you and others related to transactions with you. When you visit our Website, we automatically collect and store certain information available to us through your Internet browser or computer equipment. In addition to information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.||Use of Collected Information. We request and use your Personal Information to provide products and services to you, to improve our products and services, and to communicate with you about these products and services. We may also share your contact information with our affiliates for marketing purposes unless prohibited by applicable law or otherwise stated herein. We may use your Browsing Information to improve our products and services, to provide products and services, and to communicate with you about these products and services.|
|When Information is Disclosed. We may disclose your information to our affiliates and/or nonaffiliated parties providing services for you or us, to law enforcement agencies or governmental authorities, to other parties as described herein, and as required by law.||Choices With Your Information. Your decision to submit information to us is entirely up to you. You can opt-out of certain disclosures or uses of your information or choose to not provide any Personal Information to us.|
|Password and Security. We may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your username, password, and user account information, but we cannot guarantee the security of all information transferred over the Internet.||Information From Children. We do not intentionally collect information from children who are under the age of 16, and neither our Website nor our services are directed to children under the age of 16.|
|Privacy Outside the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, even if our Website links to those parties’ websites.||Access, Deletion and Correction. In the event this is applicable to you, if you desire to access or correct your Personal Information held by Black Knight, please contact us in the manner specified at the end of this Privacy Notice.|
|Personnel and Prospective Personnel. We may share Personal Information about current, former, and prospective Black Knight personnel with third parties, as further described in this Notice. Relatedly, we may allow prospective employees to request additional job opportunity information online.By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to its dissemination to, and use by, us and our affiliates.||Non-US Users. The Website and our products and services are hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using the Website or our products or services from outside the United States, your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection and privacy laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Website, our mobile applications, or our products and services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.|
|Your Consent To This Privacy Notice. By submitting information to us or by using our Website, you are accepting and agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice.||Not Financial Advice. We are not providing financial opinions or advice on any of the matters discussed or included on the Website, and we will not be liable to any party for any act or failure to act relating to any advice listed on the Website.|
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE: BKI) (“Black Knight”, “our,” “us” or “we”) is a leading provider of integrated software, data, and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the mission-critical business processes across the homeownership lifecycle. Black Knight is committed to being a premier provider that lending institutions, mortgage brokers, mortgage loan servicers, and other clients or third parties (collectively, “Lenders and Servicers”) rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
Black Knight respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. We will take reasonable steps to provide that your Personal Information (as defined herein) and Browsing Information (as defined herein) will only be used in compliance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws. This Privacy Notice is in effect for Personal Information and Browsing Information collected and/or owned by or on behalf of Black Knight through any Black Knight website, online service, or application (mobile or system) of Black Knight (collectively, the “Website”), and applies to Personal Information and/or Browsing Information collected about consumers, current and former personnel, and applicants.
California Consumer Notice of Collection
This Notice of Collection is provided to all California consumers subject to this Privacy Notice. You may access specific topics in this Privacy Notice by clicking on the relevant links below:
Personal Information Collected as a Third Party Service Provider
In almost all cases that Black Knight is receiving Personal Information and in some cases Browsing Information, we are acting as a third party service provider to a Lender, Servicer or mortgage broker. In such cases, we may collect or receive Personal Information about or from individuals for the sole purpose of providing services to or on behalf of such Lenders, Servicers or mortgage brokers. In cases where Black Knight is providing services to or on behalf of such Lenders, Servicers or mortgage brokers, we do not share consumer information with third parties, other than (1) those with which the Lender or Servicer has contracted to interface with the Black Knight consumer application, (2) those which Black Knight has contracted with in provision of those services, (3) law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas, court orders, discovery, or legal process, or (4) as directed by the Lender or Servicer. The privacy notices of those Lenders, Servicers or mortgage brokers shall apply, and you should refer to those privacy notices and/or contact your Lender, Servicer or mortgage broker to understand how your Personal Information and Browsing Information will be used by such Lenders, Servicers or mortgage brokers.
For some Black Knight Websites, we may be acting as a third party service provider to a Lender or Servicer. In those instances, we may collect certain information on behalf of that Lender or Servicer. During these transactions, we may collect some or all of the information on behalf of the Lender or Servicer that is described in the section below titled Types of Information Collected for the purposes outlined in the Use and Retention of Collected Information section. Black Knight also provides applications and other software services to Lenders, Servicer or mortgage brokers, including mobile applications. In those instances, we may collect certain Browsing Information on behalf of that Lender, Servicer or mortgage broker, including information about the usage of your mobile device, device ID data, or the location of your mobile device. During these transactions, we may collect some or all of the information on behalf of the Lender or Servicer that is described in the section below titled Types of Information Collected for the purposes outlined in the Use and Retention of Collected Information section.
The information you submit is then transferred to your Lender or Servicer by way of our services. The Lender or Servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information that is submitted through the Website. For example, if you believe that your payment or user information is incorrect, you must contact your Lender or Servicer.
Generally, we retain the information that you submit to us for 90 days. In some instances, we may retain the information for up to 270 days or longer. After 90 days (or 270 days, as applicable), we may destroy all of the customer data and information that was submitted to us. If we receive a timely request from you, we will handle that request in accordance with the Choices with Your Information section below.
If you are receiving consumer services and have questions regarding the choices you have with regard to your Personal Information or how to access or correct your Personal Information, you should contact your Lender or Servicer. We are not responsible or liable for the content, privacy policies, or practices of third parties.
Types of Information Collected
We, and any third party we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, hosting, configuring, designing, maintaining and/or providing internal support for our Website or operations, as well as third parties we may engage for improving our products and advertising for business-to-business purposes only, may collect (and may have collected in the prior 12 months) two types of information from you: Personal Information and Browsing Information.
Personal Information. Black Knight may collect the following categories of Personal Information (“Personal Information”), which may include, among other things:
- Contact information (g., first and last name, mailing or property address, phone number, email address);
- User name, password, and security questions and answers;
- Demographic information (g., date of birth, gender, marital status);
- Social security number (SSN), driver’s license, passport, and other government ID numbers;
- Loan account information (g., loan number);
- Bank account and credit/debit card numbers;
- Images uploaded by users of the Paragon Connect application (e.g. facial images);
- Sensitive Personal Information such as precise geolocation information to provide services to you through the Paragon Connect application; and
- Other Personal Information needed from you to provide real estate-related and loan-related services to you.
To the extent that you are a current or former employee, contractor, or other personnel (collectively, “employee”), or an applicant, Black Knight may also collect the following information about you:
- Contact information (g., name, sex , age, date of birth, email address, mailing address, telephone number, social media profiles, and in certain instances, identification documents such as residency or work permits, SSN, other taxpayer/government identification number, as well as emergency contact information);
- Professional and employment-related information (g., professional qualifications, prior employment history, education history, references);
- Interview information (g., notes collected by interviewers or other professional assessment information);
- Pre-employment screening (g., criminal background check, as permitted by law);
- Organizational data including work contact details (g., address, email, phone number, position/title, job function, employee ID, work eligibility information);
- Contract and compensation data (g., bonus information);
- Employment-related information (g., benefits information, performance data);
- Compliance and disciplinary information; and
- Sensitive Personal Information (where permitted and in accordance with applicable law), including biometric data and, of the information listed above, SSN, driver’s license number, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, health and medical information, drug screening results where applicable, sexual orientation, and/or criminal history may also qualify as personal information, as well as the contents of certain email or other communications made using Black Knight IT equipment.
Other Personal Information needed from you to consider your application, conduct employment-related business purposes, or to provide real estate-related and loan-related services to you.
As applicable to applicant and employment-related Personal Information, the provision of Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice is partly a statutory requirement, partly a contractual requirement under your employment contract, and partly a requirement to carry out the employment relationship with you. In general, you are required to provide such Personal Information, except in limited instances when we indicate that the provisions of certain information is voluntary (e.g., in connection with employee satisfaction surveys). Not providing Personal Information where required may prevent Black Knight from carrying out the employment relationship with you and may require Black Knight to terminate your employment where permitted by applicable law.
In some instances, the provision of the Sensitive Personal Information listed above is voluntary. We will let you know when that is the case, and if you decide not to share Sensitive Personal Information that is voluntary, not doing so will not impact your employment with Black Knight.
Browsing Information. Black Knight may collect the following categories of browsing information (“Browsing Information”), which may include, among other things:
- Information about your estimated location as may be determined from the IP Address; and
- Information about the device you are using, such as:
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- Browser language and type;
- Domain name system requests;
- Browsing history, time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit, number of clicks, or location data;
- HTTP headers, application client and server banners;
- Hardware model, operating system, application version number, device or browser data; and
- Aggregated information, including De-identified Data (as defined herein).
How Information is Collected
In the course of our business, we may collect (or may have collected in the preceding 12 months) Personal Information or Browsing Information about you from the following sources:
- Loan applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative, which may include information about your assets and income and identifying information, such as name, address and SSN;
- Job applications and related documentation we receive from you, as well as similar information we receive from you when you create an account and profile in the Black Knight careers portal;
- Information from you collected during the course of your employment with us;
- The correspondence you and others send to us;
- Information we receive from you through the Website;
- Information we collect from you passively through cookies and other technologies, including cookieless tracking technologies (see below);
- Information about your transactions with, or services performed by us, or information about such transactions that we receive from our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties;
- Information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- Information we receive from our partners, service providers, or other third parties (g., employment or recruitment agencies, background check providers, or publicly available sources);
- Information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records maintained by governmental entities that we obtain directly from those entities, from our affiliates or others, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- Information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
If you provide us with any Personal Information about other individuals, such as your reference(s), it is your responsibility to make sure you have their permission to share this information with Black Knight.
If you visit or use our Website, we may collect Browsing Information from you as follows:
Browser Log Files. Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Website, and collect and record certain Browsing Information about each visitor. The Browsing Information includes only generic information and reveals nothing personal about the user.
Cookieless Tracking Technology. When you visit our Website, our Website runs a script that stores information about how you interact with the Website. The script only runs while you are visiting the Website, and will not persist when you leave the Website.
Cookies. When you visit our Website, a “cookie” may be sent to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you visit the Website again, the cookie allows the Website to recognize your computer. Cookies may store user preferences and other information to assist your navigation between pages efficiently, remember preferences, and improve the user experience. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing your Internet browser settings, which may impair or limit some functionality of the Website.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We use first party cookies, which are cookies that we place on your device ourselves, and third party cookies, which are cookies that we allow third parties to place on your device.
- Essential cookies. We use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
Note that our providers remember that you have visited our Website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. This means after you are done using our Service you may see some advertisements about our Services elsewhere on the Internet. You may opt out of Google’s ad personalization through Google’s ad settings, as further described below.
- Analytics cookies. We use Google Analytics to track information about how you interact with our Website so that we can make improvements. We also use analytics cookies to test pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Use and Retention of Collected Information
Information collected by Black Knight is used for the following, primary purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you;
- To provide products and services to our clients;
- To improve our products and services;
- To personalize your experience of the Website; and
- To communicate with you and to inform you about Black Knight, our Black Knight affiliates’ and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently.
To the extent that you are a current or former employee, or an applicant, Black Knight may also use your Personal Information for the following, primary purposes:
- To review and consider your application and conduct pre-employment screening (g., security and background screenings) if we decide to offer you employment;
- To administer recruitment and staffing activities;
- To manage and improve our recruitment processes and our business operations related to the recruitment process;
- Administering the workforce;
- Administering and providing compensation, benefits, and other work related allowances, as applicable;
- Managing our information technology (g., computers, phones, company systems, and applications) and information security, including the helpdesk, corporate directory, IT support, fraud prevention, and information security;
- Managing mergers and acquisitions, and other business reorganizations and job eliminations, business transfers, and potential divestments;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, and applicable Black Knight procedures, including the Black Knight Business Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Complying with corporate financial responsibilities, including audit requirements (both internal and external), accounting, and cost/budgeting analysis and control;
- Complying with applicable laws and employment-related requirements (including certain diversity and inclusion reporting and making workplace accommodations);
- To comply with other legal obligations and/or protect our legal interests; and
- We use Sensitive Personal Information to evaluate Black Knight’s progress in achieving its diversity hiring goals, to ensure equal opportunity monitoring and reporting, to meet legal obligations, including providing workforce accommodations and for disability and workplace safety tracking administration.
With regard to Sensitive Personal Information, we only use your Sensitive Personal Information to provide you with the requested products or services and to administer your application or employment, unless otherwise required by law or court order.
Generally, we retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to meet the purpose of the collection of your Personal Information, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
When Information Is Disclosed
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Browsing Information to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Please see the section below titled Choices with Your Information to learn how to limit the discretionary disclosure of your Personal Information and Browsing Information.
Disclosures of your Personal Information may be made (or may have been made in the preceding 12 months) to the following categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, unless prohibited by applicable law:
- To third parties to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure;
- To our affiliate financial service providers for their use to market their products or services to you;
- To nonaffiliated third party service providers who provide or perform services on our behalf and use the disclosed information only in connection with such services;
- To nonaffiliated third party service providers with whom we perform joint marketing, pursuant to an agreement with them to market financial products or services to you;
- To law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoena or court order;
- To third parties in response to court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws.
- To third parties in relation to a business transaction, such as in the event of a merger, reorganization or similar corporate restructuring activities.
- To third parties as part of our efforts to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim.
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid, or released prior to closing; and
- Other third parties for whom you have given us written authorization to disclose your Personal Information, or as otherwise allowed or required by applicable law.
To the extent that you are a current or former employee, or an applicant, Black Knight may also disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, unless prohibited by applicable law:
- To Black Knight affiliates and subsidiaries in the course of our normal business operations and as needed to address our corporate structure;
- To nonaffiliated third parties, such as customers, in connection with business operations;
- To government agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, social security administration); and
- To external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors).
We may disclose Personal Information and/or Browsing Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal process or applicable laws;
- Enforce this Privacy Notice;
- Take precautions against liability and investigate or respond to claims that any material, document, image, graphic, logo, design, audio, video or any other information provided by you violates the rights of a third party;
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of Black Knight, its users or the public, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and, if required by law, disclosing information to U.S. federal and state governmental agencies;
- Investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our Website;
- Share information with our corporate affiliates (g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control); or
- Facilitate the acquisition of our company, business, or our assets.
If you are a California resident, you may choose to prevent Black Knight from disclosing or using your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information, which Black Knight may collect through the employment process under the following circumstances (“opt-out”):
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness; and
- For our affiliates to market to you.
To the extent permitted above, you may opt-out of disclosure or use of your Personal Information and Browsing Information by notifying us by one of the methods at the end of this Privacy Notice. We do not share your Personal Information with non-affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain reasonable safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure. When we provide Personal Information to our affiliates or third party service providers as discussed in this Privacy Notice, we require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our Privacy Notice or in a manner that complies with applicable privacy laws. The use of your information by a trusted business partner may be subject to that party’s own Privacy Notice. Unless permitted by law, we do not disclose information we collect from consumer or credit reporting agencies with our affiliates or others without your consent. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your nonpublic personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
In addition to the other rights herein, we have the right to share and use, for any purpose, the collected Personal Information that is in an aggregated, anonymized form, such that you are not identified (collectively, “De-identified Data”).
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, Browsing Information, and any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the Black Knight business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third party or for any actions of any third party that receives any of the information that is disclosed to us.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission or as directed by you.
Choices with Your Information
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
Marketing Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other marketing materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails, we may continue to send you non-marketing emails associated with your account, communications within applications or platforms, and service-related communications. Please note that a separate request for deletion may not remove you from a marketing email list automatically; to be removed from a marketing list, you should click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
Access To and Portability of Your Personal Information. For information that we collect on our own behalf, we will grant you, where required by law, reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. You may also have the right to receive this Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format so you can transmit this Personal Information to another entity. You may request access to or portability of your Personal Information by contacting us through the process described below. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients we will forward your request to that client and await instructions on whether access and/or portability should be granted.
Changes To Your Personal Information. You can contact us through the process described below in order to request that your information be modified. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients you will need to communicate directly with your provider. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
Deletion Of Your Personal Information. We typically retain personal information that we collect on our own behalf for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information, by following the process described below. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients you will need to communicate directly with your provider to have this information deleted.
Revocation Of Consent or Objections. You may revoke consent to processing (where our processing is based upon consent), or object to our processing (where our processing is not based upon your consent) by following the process described below. If you revoke your consent / object we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent / object if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients we will forward a revocation of consent to that client and await instructions from them on whether the processing to your information should cease.
California Consumers Right to Opt-Out. We do not sell your Personal Information. We do not knowingly sell or share the Personal Information of individuals under the age of 16. To the extent we share (as defined by applicable law) your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes, you may opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information. You may exercise your right to opt-out of certain types of processing by contacting us as stated below or by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients you will need to communicate directly with your provider about your request.
California Consumer Right to Restrict Processing of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your sensitive Personal Information. At the current time, however, we do not use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those expressed herein or otherwise permitted by applicable law, and these uses cannot be limited under California law.
Online Tracking. We generally recognize commercially reasonable opt-out preference signals (e.g., Global Privacy Controls, Do Not Track). Recognition of this signal will only occur with respect to the device and/or browser that communicates the signal, such that you may need to update your preferences on every device or browser you use to access our services.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to email@example.com or call us toll-free at 833.256.4448. If you are a California or Virginia resident and would like to appeal a decision we have made regarding a written request, please address the appeal in the same manner as the initial request or question.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name or the date of your last transaction with us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must verify your own identity directly with us, and, to the extent an authorized agent is submitting a request on your behalf, your request must include the following information with the request:
- A copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf.
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorized the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
To opt out of targeted advertising by Google, you can go to Google’s ad settings.
You may also install the DoubleClick opt-out add-on. Once installed, even if you clear all your cookies and restart your browser, it will prevent the DoubleClick cookie from being saved to your browser.
Alternatively, to opt out of interest-based advertising or to learn more about the use of this information, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative, (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://www.digitaladvertisingalliance.org). If you choose to opt out, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your computer. The opt-out cookie is browser-specific and device-specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser, or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return to the links above to re-select your preferences.
Please note that these actions do not opt you out of certain advertising.
All cookies: You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent or visit our preference center when prompted. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
For California and Delaware Residents: We will not share your Personal Information and Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise permitted by law.
For Nevada Residents: You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling 833.256.4448 or by contacting us via the information set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702.486.3132 or 888.434.9989 (Toll-free); email: AgInfo@ag.nv.gov.
For Oregon Residents: We will not share your Personal Information and Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
For Vermont Residents: We will not share your Personal Information and Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account. In addition, we will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates except with your authorization. For joint marketing in Vermont, we will only disclose your name, contact information and information about your transactions.
Passwords and Security
For certain features or services available through the Website, we may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection. Certain users of the Website may be able to create a user account to access certain features of our Website. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your username, password, and other user account information.
You are ultimately responsible for protecting your username, password, and other user account information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies. You agree to: (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your username, password, and/or user account information, and/or any other breach of security; and (b) make sure that you log out from your user account at the end of each session. While we may provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that any information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
Information from Children
We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of sixteen (16) without permission from a parent or legal guardian, and neither our Website nor our services are directed to children under the age of sixteen (16). You affirm that you are over the age of sixteen (16) and will abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice. We do not knowingly sell or share (as the term is defined by applicable law) Personal Information of minors, including those under the age of sixteen (16).
Parents and legal guardians should be aware that this Privacy Notice will govern our use of Personal Information, but also that information that is voluntarily given by children – or others – in email exchanges, bulletin boards, or the like, may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited communications. We encourage all parents and legal guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
Privacy Outside the Website
The Website may contain links to other websites. Black Knight is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
We may use the services of third party service providers, for example to process payments and other transactions. By using our Website, you grant us all necessary rights and consents under applicable laws to disclose to our third party service providers – or allow such third party service providers to collect, use, retain, and disclose – any Personal Information for purposes of providing services to you, including data that we may collect directly from you using cookies or other similar means.
To the extent you interact with any YouTube videos on any Black Knight website, the following terms will apply (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms), and you agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service.
Access and Correction
To update or correct your Personal Information in the possession of Black Knight, please contact us in the manner specified at the end of this Privacy Notice. However, in those cases where we are acting as a third party service provider to a Lender or Servicer, you must contact your Lender or Servicer.
In addition to the ability to print this Notice from this site, users with disabilities may request a copy of this Notice by sending a written request to Black Knight Inc., Attention Privacy Office, 601 Riverside Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida 32204. Also, if you are visually impaired, you may access this Notice through audio readers on our Website.
The Website and our products and services are hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using the Website or our products or services from outside the United States, please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Website or our products and services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
For individuals interested in job opportunities with us, the Website may allow prospective employees to request additional job opportunity information and apply for a job online. We, or our third party service providers, may use the Website to collect Personal Information from prospective employees for human resources recruitment purposes. Such Personal Information may include your resume information, employment history, and information related to your race or disabilities. By submitting any of the foregoing information, you consent to its dissemination to, and use by, us and our affiliates. The foregoing also applies to job application inquiries and submissions that you may transmit to us other than through the Website.
Not Financial Advice
You acknowledge and agree that by providing you with access to and use of the Website, we are not providing financial opinions or advice on any of the matters discussed or included on the Website, and we will not be liable to any party for any act or failure to act relating to any advice listed on the Website. You further acknowledge that none of the information contained on the Website constitutes a solicitation, offer, opinion, or recommendation by Black Knight to buy or sell any security, or to provide legal, tax, accounting, or investment advice or services regarding the profitability or suitability of any security or investment.
Your Consent to this Privacy Notice
By submitting Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to Black Knight, you consent to the collection and use of information by us in compliance with this Privacy Notice unless you inform us otherwise by means of the procedure identified below. Amendments to the Privacy Notice will be posted on the Website. Your use of the Website following such publication of any amendment of this Privacy Notice will signify your consent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
We may use comments, information or feedback that you may submit, without identifying information, in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
We may update or modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date they go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will notify you of the changes by posting a prominent notice on our Website or using other methods that we select, such as sending you an email.
Information for California Residents. We do not sell Personal Information and have not sold Personal Information at any time in the preceding twelve (12) months. You can find a list of the categories of information we share or disclose for a business purpose here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. We do not discriminate against California consumers, personnel, or applicants who exercise any of their rights described in this Notice.
Please transmit any requests to:
Black Knight, Inc.
601 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
EFFECTIVE AS OF: January 2023
LAST UPDATED: September 2023
TM SM ® Trademark(s) of Black Knight IP Holding Company, LLC, or an affiliate. ©2023. Black Knight, Inc. All rights reserved.