- Delinquencies rose by 3.7 percent in February, the first February increase in 12 years
- Despite the monthly rise, delinquencies remain more than 9.5 percent below last year’s level
- At 40,400 for the month, foreclosure starts were down 19.5 percent from January and edged close to September 2018’s 15-year low
- The national foreclosure rate improved marginally and is now down more than 21 percent year-over-year
- Prepayment speeds rose by 11 percent from January’s 18-year low, suggesting an increase in refinance activity driven by the recent decline in 30-year interest rates
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – March 21, 2019 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at February 2019 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by April 1, 2019.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.BlackKnightInc.com.