First Look At November 2019 Mortgage Data
Seasonal Decline Pushes Foreclosure Starts to Lowest Level on Record; Foreclosure Rate Hits 14-Year Low
- November’s 33,500 foreclosure starts marked a 26% year-over-year decline, and the lowest monthly volume since Black Knight began recording the metric in 2000
- The national foreclosure rate also fell by 3% from October to hit its lowest level since 2005
- Delinquencies rose seasonally in November, but remain nearly 5% below last year’s level
- Prepayment activity fell 19% from October’s six-year high due to both seasonal declines in home-sale-related prepays as well as higher interest rates impacting refinance incentive
- Despite the pullback, prepayment activity remains 123% above this point last year
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Dec. 30, 2019 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at November 2019 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.