First Look At May 2018 Mortgage Data
May Sees Second Fewest Foreclosure Starts in 17 Years; Active Foreclosure Inventory on Pace to Hit Pre-Recession Average in Early Q3 2018
- At 44,900, May 2018 saw the second lowest monthly foreclosure starts in more than 17 years
- Just 303,000 mortgages remain in active foreclosure; at 0.59 percent, the national foreclosure rate is now at its lowest point in 15 years
- At the current rate of decline, national foreclosure inventories are on pace to hit the pre-recession average (2000-2005) in early Q3 2018
- May marked five consecutive months of declining delinquencies, as post-hurricane improvement continues
- Delinquency improvements in hurricane-affected areas more than offset slight increases in non-impacted markets in May, dropping the national delinquency rate to its lowest level in 15 months
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – June 21, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at May 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online by July 9, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.