First Look At June 2020 Mortgage Data
Mortgage Delinquencies Improve for the First Time Since January, While Serious Delinquencies Surge to 9-Year High
- After rising from 3.2% in January to 7.8% in May, the national delinquency rate improved for the first time in five months, falling to 7.6% in June as the overall number of past-due mortgages declined by 98,000
- Serious delinquencies – those 90 or more days past due – rose by more than 1.2 million as the initial wave of borrowers financially impacted by COVID-19 missed their third mortgage payment
- At 1.87 million, the number of seriously delinquent mortgages is now at its highest level since early 2011
- With federal foreclosure moratoriums still in place, active foreclosure inventory continues to dwindle; June’s 192,000 active foreclosures were the fewest on record, dating back to 2000
- Prepayment activity hit its highest level in 16 years in June, fueled by record-low 30-year interest rates and surging refinance incentive
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – July 22, 2020 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at June 2020 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by August 3, 2020.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.