First Look At June 2019 Mortgage Data
June Sees Calendar-Driven Spike in Mortgage Delinquencies; Prepayments Fall Despite Rising Refinance Incentive
- Seasonal typical rises in mortgage delinquencies, combined with June 2019 ending on a Sunday, pushed the national delinquency rate up nearly 11% from May 2019’s all-time low
- While overall non-current inventory was up for the month, serious delinquencies – loans 90 or more days past due, but not yet in active foreclosure – fell to their lowest level in 12 years
- Despite increased refinance incentive from lower interest rates, prepayment activity dipped for the first time in five months, falling 7.5% from May 2019
- Both foreclosure starts and the number of loans in active foreclosure rose modestly in June, but were down on an annual basis
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – July 23, 2019 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at June 2019 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by August 5, 2019.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.