First Look At June 2018 Mortgage Data
Fewest Foreclosure Starts in Over 17 Years; Active Foreclosure Inventory Falls Below 300,000 for First Time Since Q3 2006
- Foreclosure starts fell another 3.1 percent in June for the lowest single-month total in more than 17 years
- Active foreclosures continued to decline as well, falling below 300,000 for the first time in nearly 12 years
- The inventory of loans in active foreclosure has fallen 30 percent (-119k) over the past 12 months
- Delinquencies edged seasonally upward in June, but remain 1.59 percent below last year’s levels
- After rising following the 2017 hurricane season, 90-day delinquencies hit a new post-recession low
- Prepayment activity was up again in June, as home sales reached their typical early-summer peak
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – July 24, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at June 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online by August 6, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.