First Look At July 2018 Mortgage Data
Increased Mortgage Cures in July Push Delinquencies to Lowest Level Since March 2006; Foreclosure Starts Rise 11 Percent
- Continued hurricane-related cure activity pushed delinquencies to their lowest level in more than 12 years
- Foreclosure starts rose 11 percent over June’s 17-year low to 48,300, for the highest total in three months
- Though starts rose nationwide, foreclosure referrals in hurricane-affected areas of Texas increased by a higher-than-average 19 percent
- Fewer completions and an increase in starts caused foreclosure inventory to rise slightly in July, for just the second such increase in the past three years
- Improving delinquencies outweighed the slight increase in foreclosures, bringing the total non-current population (all loans 30 or more days delinquent or in active foreclosure) to a more than 12-year low
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Aug. 23, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at July 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online by Sept. 10, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.