First Look At February 2018 Mortgage Data
Though Hurricane-Related Delinquencies Linger, Foreclosures Fall; Prepays Hit Four-Year Low
- The national delinquency rate edged slightly downward in February, with hurricane-related delinquencies declining by a modest 5.0 percent for the month
- Serious delinquencies (90 or more days past due) attributed to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma fell just 3.0 percent
- 128,000 hurricane-driven seriously delinquent mortgages remain in Texas, Florida, and Georgia
- After hitting a 12-month high in January, foreclosure starts fell 25 percent month-over-month
- Active foreclosure inventory rebounded from January’s increase, reaching a new post-recession low
- Rising interest rates pushed prepayment activity to the lowest level since 2014
Jacksonville, Fla. – Mar. 22, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at February 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by April 2, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.