- At 44,900, May 2018 saw the second lowest monthly foreclosure starts in more than 17 years
- Just 303,000 mortgages remain in active foreclosure; at 0.59 percent, the national foreclosure rate is now at its lowest point in 15 years
- At the current rate of decline, national foreclosure inventories are on pace to hit the pre-recession average (2000-2005) in early Q3 2018
- May marked five consecutive months of declining delinquencies, as post-hurricane improvement continues
- Delinquency improvements in hurricane-affected areas more than offset slight increases in non-impacted markets in May, dropping the national delinquency rate to its lowest level in 15 months
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – June 21, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at May 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by July 9, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more