- The national delinquency rate fell to 3.39% in October, a nearly 7% decline from last year, and within 0.03% of the record low set in May 2019
- Serious delinquencies fell by 10,000 from September, while the number of loans in active foreclosure edged up slightly (+3,000)
- Prepayment activity climbed another 16% in October to the highest level since May 2013
- Prepays are now up 134% year-over-year as refinancing homeowners continue to take advantage of low interest rates
- However, modest rises in 30-year rates in recent weeks – coupled with seasonal slowing in home sales – may dampen prepayment rates in coming months
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Nov. 25, 2019 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at October 2019 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by Dec. 9, 2019.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.BlackKnightInc.com.