- After rising sharply in September, mortgage delinquencies fell by 8.2 percent in October and are now down by nearly 18 percent from the same time last year
- Serious delinquencies – loans 90 or more days past due – fell by 14,000 from last month and 90,000 from last October to hit a more than 12-year low
- Improvements in hurricane-related delinquencies associated with Harvey and Irma – which spiked in late 2017 – are contributing to the strong year-over-year improvements
- Despite foreclosure starts seeing a monthly increase from September’s nearly 18-year low, the number of loans in active foreclosure fell slightly from September and has decreased by 24 percent from last year
- Prepayment activity – now driven primarily by housing turnover – climbed 14 percent, but remains 29 percent below last year’s level
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Nov. 27, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at October 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
For a more detailed view of this month’s “first look” data, please visit the Black Knight newsroom.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by Dec. 10, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to email@example.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.BlackKnightInc.com.