- Prepayment activity in November dropped 15.6% to a single month mortality (SMM) rate of 0.40% – once again marking the lowest rate on record since before 2000 when Black Knight started reporting the metric
- The national delinquency rate rose another 3.5% in November to 3.01%, up 10 basis points since October, driven by a 31K (+3.9%) increase in 30-day delinquencies and a 25K (+11%) rise in 60-day delinquencies
- The delinquency rate in Florida rose another 18 basis points in the month to 3.60% as the impact of Hurricane Ian on homeowners’ ability to make mortgage payments continues
- Improvement among seriously past-due loans continues to stagnate, with the population of 90-day delinquencies ticking down -0.2% from the month prior
- Foreclosure starts rose again (+19%) on the heels of October’s increase, but the month’s 23.4K starts are still below the recent high seen in June 2022 and remain 30% below pre-pandemic levels
- Foreclosure was started on 4.3% of serious delinquencies in November, up 7 basis points from October but still 44% less than the rate seen in the years leading up to the pandemic
- Active foreclosure inventory rose 5.3%, though 2022 volumes remain subdued after the record lows of 2021 due to widespread moratoriums and forbearance protections
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Dec. 22, 2022 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at November 2022 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
Please note that Black Knight does not release an edition of the Mortgage Monitor report over the holidays and will return to its normal publishing schedule the first week of February 2023.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serving their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.