- Seasonal typical rises in mortgage delinquencies, combined with June 2019 ending on a Sunday, pushed the national delinquency rate up nearly 11% from May 2019’s all-time low
- While overall non-current inventory was up for the month, serious delinquencies – loans 90 or more days past due, but not yet in active foreclosure – fell to their lowest level in 12 years
- Despite increased refinance incentive from lower interest rates, prepayment activity dipped for the first time in five months, falling 7.5% from May 2019
- Both foreclosure starts and the number of loans in active foreclosure rose modestly in June, but were down on an annual basis
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – July 23, 2019 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at June 2019 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by August 5, 2019.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.BlackKnightInc.com.