- Foreclosure starts fell another 3.1 percent in June for the lowest single-month total in more than 17 years
- Active foreclosures continued to decline as well, falling below 300,000 for the first time in nearly 12 years
- The inventory of loans in active foreclosure has fallen 30 percent (-119k) over the past 12 months
- Delinquencies edged seasonally upward in June, but remain 1.59 percent below last year’s levels
- After rising following the 2017 hurricane season, 90-day delinquencies hit a new post-recession low
- Prepayment activity was up again in June, as home sales reached their typical early-summer peak
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – July 24, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at June 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by August 6, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more