- Continued hurricane-related cure activity pushed delinquencies to their lowest level in more than 12 years
- Foreclosure starts rose 11 percent over June’s 17-year low to 48,300, for the highest total in three months
- Though starts rose nationwide, foreclosure referrals in hurricane-affected areas of Texas increased by a higher-than-average 19 percent
- Fewer completions and an increase in starts caused foreclosure inventory to rise slightly in July, for just the second such increase in the past three years
- Improving delinquencies outweighed the slight increase in foreclosures, bringing the total non-current population (all loans 30 or more days delinquent or in active foreclosure) to a more than 12-year low
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Aug. 23, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at July 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by Sept. 10, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.BlackKnightInc.com.