- Mortgage delinquencies fell again in August and are now down 5.7 percent over the past two months
- This marks the strongest such decline during July-August on record, since before 2000
- Foreclosure starts also eased in August and are now more than 12 percent below last year’s level
- Delinquencies resulting from 2017’s hurricanes continue to decline – just 25,100 remain in the mainland U.S.
- Some 391,000 homeowners with mortgages were located in Hurricane Florence’s evacuation area, with an estimated 283,000 in the 18 North Carolina counties declared disaster areas so far by FEMA
- If homeowners face similar per capita impacts to those seen from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma last year, it could result in thousands of mortgage holders falling behind on payments
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Sept. 24, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at August 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
- Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
- All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
For a more detailed view of this month’s “first look” data, please visit the Black Knight newsroom.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by Oct. 8, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.BlackKnightInc.com.