- CitiMortgage will use the LoanSphere Empower loan origination system (LOS) to manage its retail and home equity lending, as well as its correspondent lending channel, which is a capability Black Knight is adding to the Empower LOS
- CitiMortgage will be a Black Knight enterprise client as a result of its use of multiple Black Knight solutions
- CitiMortgage will also use the Empower system’s Web APIs for easy access to the data and documents that are needed to provide borrowers with a digital user experience
- The company will also implement several other Black Knight solutions, including data and analytics capabilities, and have the option to leverage additional solutions integrated with the Empower LOS, such as the LoanSphere Expedite suite of electronic fulfillment services and Black Knight Property Tax
- By using a combination of Black Knight origination solutions, Citi will maximize efficiencies, enhance data integrity and decrease cycle times
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jan. 8, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) announced today that it has signed an agreement with Citibank, N.A., a subsidiary of Citigroup Inc., to implement Black Knight’s suite of mortgage origination solutions, including the LoanSphere Empower loan origination system (LOS), in the U.S. Black Knight’s comprehensive Empower LOS supports the retail, wholesale and consumer-direct lending channels by helping lenders electronically capture, process, underwrite and close loans.
“We are pleased to work with Black Knight, a best-in-class provider, to deliver a seamless digital home buying experience to our clients,” said David Smith, head of Originations Operations for CitiMortgage. “The advanced capabilities and scalability of Black Knight’s Empower LOS will provide deep operational insight, enhancing our focus on quality, efficiency, and risk management.”
To support Citi’s origination requirements, Black Knight will be adding correspondent lending capabilities to the system. The enhancements will allow the Empower LOS to perform all correspondent loan origination, delivery and purchasing activities within the system – helping to standardize operations, enhance data integrity and provide tools to streamline process and compliance. The Empower LOS will also support correspondent lending functions, such as loan registration, data and document integration, status, and condition management and funding.
CitiMortgage will also use Web Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to access data and documents contained in the Empower LOS to provide borrowers with an enhanced digital experience. The Empower LOS features a task-based workflow orchestration engine that automates the processes necessary to originate a loan with a high level of efficiency. Along with the Empower LOS, Citi will be using the following Black Knight solutions, which are integrated with the LOS:
- LoanSphere Quality Insight – Comprehensive loan quality tool that assesses loan data and document accuracy to help support compliance with investor and lender requirements for single-family-home loan salability.
- LoanSphere Data Hub – Collects, links and stores loan data from client applications, Black Knight technologies and industry data in a central location, helping lenders obtain operational and compliance insights.
- LoanSphere Motivity – Enterprise business-intelligence tool offering on-demand, dynamic reporting to help lenders and servicers view detailed information about their operations, and proactively monitor, measure and manage performance across the enterprise.
By using Black Knight software solutions across the mortgage loan life cycle from origination through servicing, CitiMortgage will be a Black Knight enterprise client. By gaining business process automation, workflow, rules, and integrated data throughout the loan process, Black Knight enterprise clients can help reduce risk, improve efficiency and drive financial performance.
CitiMortgage will also have the option to leverage additional solutions integrated within the Empower LOS, such as LoanSphere Expedite and Black Knight Property Tax. LoanSphere Expedite, a suite of services that enables consumers to electronically view and access data and documents during the mortgage origination process, includes an electronic closing network that helps lenders, settlement agents and title underwriters to collaborate quickly, easily and securely. Black Knight Property Tax is an on-demand solution that delivers reliable tax estimates for properties nationwide, helping lenders reduce the costs and challenges associated with procuring property tax data; supports the entire origination life cycle.
“As part of Black Knight’s commitment to innovation, we were able to advance the Empower LOS’ capabilities to help Citi streamline its loan processing through a single platform,” said Rich Gagliano, president, Black Knight Origination Technologies. “By enhancing the Empower LOS to accommodate all lending channels, Citi can also better support the customer experience with one convenient source for all lending functions — from point-of-sale to post-closing.”
LoanSphere is Black Knight’s premier, end-to-end platform of integrated technology, data and analytics supporting the entire mortgage and home equity loan lifecycle – from origination to servicing to default. The platform delivers business process automation, workflow, rules, and integrated data throughout the loan process, providing a better user experience, cost savings and support for changing regulatory requirements. By integrating lending functions and data, Black Knight’s LoanSphere helps lenders and servicers reduce risk, improve efficiency, and drive financial performance.
Clients that use multiple LoanSphere offerings, such as the Empower and/or LendingSpace loan origination systems, Exchange and MSP, are considered Black Knight enterprise clients and can realize exponential value from the integration of these technologies, as well as the utilization of Black Knight’s comprehensive data and analytics.
About Black Knight
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership lifecycle.
Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.