- Seasonal effects and continued hurricane-related improvements contributed to a 13 percent decline in the national delinquency rate in March
- Nationally, there was a decline of 65,000 in serious delinquencies (90 or more days past due but not yet in foreclosure)
- Serious delinquencies attributable to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma saw a reduction of 19,500 loans
- However, as the hurricane impact shifts away from delinquencies, foreclosure starts rose by 12 percent
- More than two-thirds of that increase came from hurricane-affected areas of Texas and Florida
- Overall, active foreclosure inventory continues to improve, falling another 10,000 loans in March to its lowest level since late 2006
- Despite interest rates remaining above 4.4 percent, prepayment activity in March increased by 22 percent from February’s 4-year low
Jacksonville, Fla. – April 19, 2018 – Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following “first look” at March 2018 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
1) Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight’s loan-level database of mortgage assets.
2) All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online here by May 7, 2018.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to email@example.com.
About Black Knight, Inc.
Black Knight (NYSE:BKI) is a leading provider of integrated software, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the homeownership life cycle.
As a leading fintech, Black Knight is committed to being a premier business partner that clients rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class software, services and insights with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.